Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

MINIPRESS® (prazosin HCl) Overdosage

OVERDOSAGE

Accidental ingestion of at least 50 mg of MINIPRESS in a two year old child resulted in profound drowsiness and depressed reflexes. No decrease in blood pressure was noted. Recovery was uneventful.

Should overdosage lead to hypotension, support of the cardiovascular system is of first importance. Restoration of blood pressure and normalization of heart rate may be accomplished by keeping the patient in the supine position. If this measure is inadequate, shock should first be treated with volume expanders. If necessary, vasopressors should then be used. Renal function should be monitored and supported as needed. Laboratory data indicate MINIPRESS is not dialysable because it is protein bound.

What's New

No Current Announcements.

Contact Pfizer Medical

Search

Please enter your search term(s) for MINIPRESS®